Andrea and Ron’s Wedding

16th January was Andrea and Ron’s special day in North Berwick. We loved every minute of it, and now that we have delivered the beautiful Jorgensen album, we can share the photographs here on the blog. Thanks Andrea and Ron for letting us document your wonderful day!

The beautiful flowers were from Simply Flowers by Clare.

Bridesmaids Helping Bride Get Ready

Bride Arrives at Register Office

Bride Entering Register Office

The Ceremony Begins

Bride and Groom Share an Emotional Moment

Exchanging Rings

The First Kiss

We crossed the road to the John Muir gardens for the formals and the bride & groom portraits…

Making Their Way to the Group Shot Location

Romantic Pose

Romantic Pose

Romantic Pose

Romantic Pose

Romantic Pose

Romantic Pose

Taking a Stroll

Stopping for a Kiss

Romantic Pose

The best man’s speech went down well:

Best Man's Speech

The hardest photographs to take on the day – the dance floor was completely dark with no disco lights; the Canon 5D MKII was struggling to focus but the high ISO really helped.

First Dance 1/50s, f/2.8, ISO12800

The happy couple and the bride’s daughter:

First Dance 1/13s, f/2.8, ISO25600

The Canon 5D MKII is wonderful in low light; I had many opportunities to put it to the test during the overcast January afternoon and evening. Photography using available light (or lack of) is a joy with this camera, which suits my style perfectly.

Posted at 10:20 pm |  Filed under Wedding Photography |  PermaLink |  Trackback URL

13 Reader Comments

1. Posted by Rebecca Honeywell on 05 Mar 2009 at 10:45 pm

Can’t believe this is your first wedding, great job!

2. Posted by Ewan on 05 Mar 2009 at 10:48 pm

I think you have a bright future if these are anything to go by. The picture of the bride and groom next to the huge tree is I think particularly well done – even poignant maybe? Congrats and well done.

Ewan.

3. Posted by Peter Lawson on 05 Mar 2009 at 11:29 pm

I also can’t believe this is your first wedding! You captured some really lovely moments in the ceremony. Nicely done!

4. Posted by mandy on 05 Mar 2009 at 11:37 pm

WOW, you have done an absolutely amazing job, can’t quite get my head around the fact that it was your first wedding, I won’t offer to show you my first wedding (actually I think it’s probably in the blog archives, don’t look!!!!).

Well done!!

5. Posted by Roy Judd on 05 Mar 2009 at 11:53 pm

These are superb James. You have a real talent for composition, as this collection demonstrates. The vignettes on the black and white shots are subtle, but work so well. I bet Andrea and Ron are delighted. Judging from these results, the EOS 5D2 looks to have been a really worthwhile investment – you’ve hit the ground running and I can’t see you having to look for work at all. Great job all round!

6. Posted by Pat on 06 Mar 2009 at 10:01 am

I should think Andrea and Ron were delighted with the photos. You have done a really special job. I can’t wait to see the album. Congratulations.

7. Posted by Diane on 06 Mar 2009 at 12:30 pm

Fantastic photos James.

8. Posted by Catherine on 06 Mar 2009 at 1:58 pm

where were you when we got married….these are fab!!

9. Posted by Simon Fazackarley on 07 Mar 2009 at 12:39 pm

sorry, your first? damn you got skills…these of a brilliant standard for anyone!, let alone for a first timer! They must be thrilled! BTW, consider yourself rss-subscribed to :)

10. Posted by Andrea Reay on 11 Mar 2009 at 10:55 am

As the blushing bride I’d just like to share what a fantastic job you done with everyone. We are absolutely delighted with the results and could not have asked for more! Thanks again James you did such a proffesional job and both Lyndsey and yourself were a joy to have on our special day. Thanks again you are an absolute jem x

11. Posted by James on 11 Mar 2009 at 11:18 am

Thank you all so much for your kind comments, I’m really over the moon with your responses!

Thanks Andrea for sharing your comments, I’m so pleased you’re delighted with the results.

12. Posted by Nikki on 14 Mar 2009 at 1:11 pm

Fantastic shots James – and glad the most important person ie Andrea feels so too – she is very lucky to have had you capture her special day.

13. Posted by Stuart James on 16 Apr 2009 at 10:16 pm

James for a first wedding, infact for any wedding!!, these shots are top notch!!
    Great job!
    sj.p

1 Linkback from Another Site

1. Pearson Photography Blog – Scottish Borders Wedding Photographers, Kelso » Blog Archive » The First UK [b] School Get Together

Comments RSS